Saturday, October 13, 2012

Favorite Concert


“Ahhhhhhhhhh, I can’t believe I finally get to see Lil Wayne!” I could feel the excitement in my screeching voice pierce my best friend’s ears on the other line. We both cheered and screamed at this once in a life time opportunity. Finally, I was going to see the man who entered my dreams every night.  All of Wayne’s music overflowed my tiny baby blue Ipod Nano, his posters and cd covers decorated the bright pink walls of my adolescent room, his music was the only music played on my Myspace page, his quotes were my only Facebook status, and he was always the topic of discussion every time I’d talk on the phone to my best friend. We were constantly in competition over who loved Wayne more. It didn’t seem like a moment passed where we didn’t profess our love for him. Wayne was everything to me because he was so talented. I never heard anyone rap like that before it was clever, witty, and filled with all types of puns. He had such an “I don’t give a fuck attitude” and I loved it. The more my mom and dad would try to stop me from listening to him, the more I wanted to rebel. So when I found out one of my sisters’ friends had an extra ticket to go see Young Money, I was all for it and I knew I had to look my best. Finally, I was going to go see the one person who meant everything to me.

                I dyed my hair jet black to go along with my mid-length funky hair cut I’d gotten a couple days before.  I fluffed up my do with some Farrah Fawcett flips. I decided to spice up my make up with a Marlin Monroe red hot lipstick. I aligned my lips with a darker red lip liner pencil for definition and stole my mom’s “Chili Pepper Red” MAC lipstick. For my eyes I went with dramatic thick black winged eyeliner inspired by Amy Winehouse. My fit had to be right so I went for a sexy yet hip Rihanna look. I wore my H&M black and grey leopard pencil skirt. Hitting right below my knees it hugged my tiny curves in all the right places. I wore my favorite bright purple halter top. It tied around my neck showing a smidge of my upper back and on the front in gleaming sequins read “Bebe”. I kept it simple, but chic for my shoes sliding on my older sister’s black suede wedge heels. And lastly, the previous week I’d found a vintage Louis Vuitton mini clutch tucked away in the crevices of my grandmother’s attic. After wiping off the cob webs and dust, the little purse became the cutest accessory accentuating my outfit to the upmost. It was trapezoid -shaped, shiny patent leather material, off-white, with golden handles, and covered in the Louis Vuitton print. The bag was really special to me because it was my mother’s. I felt like I was her back in her party days, but I still wanted to add more of my own flavor to it. So I took an old broken necklace chain and attached it to the handles of the purse giving it an extension. “There.”, I thought, “ I look good so I  feel  good, now I’m ready to see Wayne.”

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Nia.
    I really like how you construct this tone of teenage-hyper-enthusiasm. Cut needless words, though, like "adolescent," when you say "adolescent room." We already get that fact, because you've done such a good job constructing this tone of teenagehood.

    I like too, that you use details that all contribute to the overarching tone of the piece. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all that specific description in the 2nd half really creates a picture. Also gives a cool insight to how much care and time females actually put in to getting ready. You definitely show your feelings & thoughts as well. The way you described things showed how excited you were about the concert. Everything was well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this story, you gave a lot of detail and as I read on i could just picture all the descriptions. you broke down every piece of your outfit which I personally liked, being into fashion myself. I thought it was cute because you were excited to see your favorite artist, and i could definitely relate to that.

    ReplyDelete